CHICAGO Health authorities have traced a widespread salmonella poisoning during the Taste of Chicago restaurant festival here to three food handlers who were hired to staff the booth of a local restaurant called Pars Cove. The three have tested positive for the bacteria, which causes diarrhea, abdominal cramps and fever.  But the officials say it is not clear if the workers were themselves contaminated by food offered at the booth, or if they were the source of the pathogen. ...

Register to view this article

It’s free but we need to know a little about you to continually improve our content.

Why Register?

Registering allows you to unlock a portion of our premium online content. You can access more in-depth stories and analysis, as well as news not found on any other website or any other media outlet. You also get free eNewsletters, blogs, real-time polls, archives and more.


Attention Print Subscribers:  While you have already been granted free access to NRN we ask that you register now. We promise it will only take a few minutes!

Questions about your account or how to access content? 

Contact: Desiree Torres 

Already registered? here.