What bugs restaurant customers most?
Such operational slip-ups as dirty tables, soiled utensils and unkempt restrooms were among the top gripes cited in a recent survey by the Consumer Reports National Research Center.
Here are the Top 5 gripes and the percentage of those polled who noted them:
- Dirty utensils or table: 76 percent.
- Dirty or ill-equipped restrooms: 73 percent.
- Impolite or condescending servers: 72 percent.
- Servers with a sloppy appearance or poor hygiene: 67 percent.
- Meals or beverages served at the incorrect temperature: 66 percent.
Among all the complaints, the least worrisome is “not enough nutritional information available” at only 14 percent.
For these results, the Consumer Reports National Research Center surveyed 1,003 adults in March.