What is in this article?:
- Meet the revamped Friendlyâ€™s menu
- The rest of the new menu
The restaurant's new menu competes with quick-service and casual-dining restaurants, as well as those in the family-dining segment.
John Maguire, chief executive of Friendly's
The rest of the new menu
New lunch and dinner menu items include:
• Buffalo Wings: Served with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, priced at $9.99
• Cheeseburger Sliders: Three sliders topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickle chips and a Roasted Red Pepper Garlic dipping sauce, priced at $7.99 to $8.69
• Spinach Salad: With sliced egg; mushrooms; applewood-smoked bacon; red onions; grape tomatoes; ciabatta croutons; and a choice of grilled chicken, turkey tips or salmon, priced at $9.99 to $10.29
• Turkey Tip Avocado Salad: With grilled turkey tips, applewood-smoked bacon, sliced avocado, grape tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles, priced at $9.99 to $10.29
• Burger Salad: A burger patty on mixed greens, bacon, Fronions onion crisps, grape tomatoes, and Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, priced at $8.99 to $9.79
• Crispy Chipotle Ranch SuperMelt: Breaded chicken tenders with chipotle ranch dressing, melted Cheddar cheese and applewood-smoked bacon, served on sourdough bread, priced at $8.79 to $8.99
• Philly Steak & Cheese SuperMelt: Shaved rib eye mixed with melted American cheese, green peppers and sautéed onions, served on grilled honey-dill rye bread, priced at $8.99 to $9.39
• Salmon: Seasoned, grilled and served on roasted potatoes, onions and peppers with an optional Hollandaise drizzle, priced at $12.99 $13.49
• Turkey Tips: Grilled and served with broccoli and rice pilaf with a choice of barbecue or teriyaki sauce, priced at $10.99 to $11.59
• Meatloaf: Grilled and served in a ketchup glaze with mashed potatoes and corn, priced at $9.99 to $10.59
• Chicken Parmesan: Served on garlic-and-herb vegetable pasta, priced at $9.99 to $10.59
• Fish Tacos: Battered cod fillets with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, cabbage, chipotle sauce, cilantro and tortilla strips, served with Spanish rice, sour cream, salsa and a lime wedge, priced at $9.99
•Mac & Cheese: Penne mixed with prosciutto and topped with a crouton crumble, served with a side salad, priced at $9.99 to $10.49
• Bacon Cheeseburger: Served on a grilled brioche roll, priced at $8.99-$9.29
• All American Burger: Served with lettuce, tomato, red onion and mayonnaise on a brioche roll, priced at $7.49 to $8.49
•Swiss Mushroom Burger: Priced at $8.99 to $9.29
• Chicken Spinach Wrap: Grilled chicken, baby spinach, applewood-smoked bacon, hard-boiled egg wedges, mushrooms, red onions, diced tomatoes and bacon dressing, served in a whole wheat wrap, priced at $9.99 to $10.29
• Turkey Avocado Wrap: With grilled turkey tips, lettuce, applewood-smoked bacon, diced avocado, diced tomato, blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing, served in a whole wheat wrap, priced at $9.99 to $10.29
• Friendly’s Chili Dog: A 9-inch beef hot dog with diced onions, chili Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, and tortilla strips, priced at $7.99
• Friendly’s All-American Dog: A 9-inch beef hot dog with mustard, relish and red onions, priced at $7.49.
On the kids’ breakfast menu are a Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie; strawberry Yogurt Parfait with a choice of M&Ms, fruit or granola; and Oatmeal with Oreos, oatmeal sprinkled with Oreo cookies.
For lunch and dinner, kids can drink Sharks in the Water, made with blue raspberry Sprite filled with gummy sharks and a side of red syrup dubbed “shark bait.”
A new kids’ dessert is Worms in the Dirt, chocolate ice cream layered with gummy worms, Oreo crumbs and whipped topping, with a cherry on top.
Additionally, there are three new kids’ entrees:
• Turkey Tips: Served with broccoli, apple slices and honey-mustard dipping sauce
• Turkey Sandwich with Goldfish Bread: Roasted deli turkey, lettuce and tomato served on honey wheat Goldfish bread with a side of apple slices
• Build Your Own Mac & Cheese: With choices of bacon, tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
New sides of fruit mixes, apples and carrots have also been added to the kids’ menu.
For dessert, Fribbles, the chain’s signature milk shakes, are now made with ice cream instead of soft serve. Other new sweets include:
• Forbidden Fudge Brownie: Made with Forbidden Chocolate ice cream with brownie chunks, hot fudge, Swiss Chocolate and sprinkles
• Caramel Fudge Brownie Sundae: A warm brownie covered with two scoops of vanilla and one scoop of Forbidden Chocolate ice cream, hot fudge, caramel and whipped topping.
A new limited-time ice cream flavor, Toasted Marshmallow Peanut Butter Supreme, has also been added. The ice cream features toasted marshmallow ice cream mixed with chopped peanut butter cups and swirls of toffee ripple.