LongHorn Steakhouse has introduced its first happy hour menu, available at most of its 464 locations on weekdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The Prime Time menu, which launched on May 26, features value-priced drinks and snacks.
Draft beer is available for $3, as are housemade kettle chips with smoky barbecue sauce and horseradish aioli; and Sweet Corn Fritters with red chile ranch sauce.
For $4, guests can get a glass of house wine, as well as Spicy Chicken Bites tossed in a spicy sweet chile-ginger sauce, or Crispy Jalapeño Shooters, which are hot peppers stuffed with a three-cheese blend, battered, fried and served with red chile ranch.
On the $5 menu are Wild West Shrimp Tacos, which are stuffed with breaded shrimp brushed with garlic butter and tossed with peppers and diced pimientos, and served with an avocado lime drizzle.
Also on the $5 menu is a Shrimp & Avocado Stack, which is the same shrimp layered with guacamole, cucumber, tomato and wonton chips, served with red chile ranch.
LongHorn has introduced five $5 cocktails for the Prime Time menu. They are:
• Angry Buck: Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider with Buck eight-year-old bourbon
• Prime Time Margarita: 1800 Silver 100-percent blue agave tequila, organic agave nectar, and lemon and lime juice
• Classic Steakhouse Martini: Choice of Finlandia vodka or Bombay gin, olive juice and blue-cheese-stuffed olives
• Sunset Cosmo: Finlandia vodka, orange juice, lemon and lime juice, and a splash of pomegranate
• Cucumber Mint Mojito: Cruzan Silver rum, white cranberry juice, cucumber, mint and a splash of club soda
LongHorn Steakhouse, a subsidiary of Darden Restaurants Inc., is one of many casual-dining chains and steakhouses that have worked to revamp their bar programs with drink specials and snackable food.
Fogo de Chão recently started offering diners an option other than its all-you-can-eat churrascaria-style service with its Bar Fogo program, which lets diners drop in for drinks and bar snacks ranging from $7 to $19. Joe’s Crab Shack and Outback Steakhouse have both recently launched moonshine-themed promotions.
On the steakhouse end, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar has a 5 for $6 ’Til 7 p.m. program, with items such as Pan-Crisped Pork Belly and Roasted Mushroom Ravioli. Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse has a Sizzle, Swizzle & Swirl bar menu with $7 items such as a Crab BLT with Zucchini Fries and a Tenderloin Skewer Salad.
Contact Bret Thorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow him on Twitter: @foodwriterdiary