What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from First Watch, 16 Handles
- El Pollo Loco, McAlister's Deli, more
New items include breakfast dishes and summer-themed BBQ offerings.
First Watch has added three new seasonal dishes and a drink, available through August 25, to its 110 restaurants.
• The Brûléed Banana Waffle is topped with caramelized bananas, brown sugar-glazed bacon, a sweet cream sauce drizzle and bacon-infused syrup, and it costs $7.99.
• The French Toast Monte Cristo is sourdough French toast layered with ham, turkey, melted Swiss cheese and Dijonnaise, grilled and coated with powdered cinnamon sugar. It’s served with dressed greens and a side of raspberry preserves for $7.79.
• The Summer Cherry Chicken Quinoa Bowl, a seasonal variation of the Quinoa Power Bowl that the breakfast-and-lunch chain added last winter, is quinoa tossed with roasted zucchini, dried cherries, chicken breast and herbed goat cheese. It’s topped with sliced almonds and herbs and drizzled with balsamic dressing and sells for $8.79.
• The seasonal drink, the Strawberry Mint Cooler, is a made with crushed strawberries and water garnished with mint leaves and strawberry slices, served over ice for $2.99.
Rock Bottom Brewery & Restaurant has introduced a new beer, four savory items and a dessert to its summer menu, available through August 25.
• The Summer Honey Ale is a golden-colored ale made with local honey, which the chain said gives it a smooth middle and crisp, refreshing finish. Prices vary by location.
• The Habanero shrimp is crispy shrimp tossed in the Chattanooga, Tenn.-based chains signature sweet and spicy habanero sauce, and it costs $7.95.
• The Sizzling Chicken & Chorizo Peppers is whole poblano peppers stuffed with chicken, chorizo and a four-cheese blend, roasted and topped with pico de gallo and Mexican crema for $11.95.
• The $12.95 Grille Bruschetta Chicken is grilled chicken breast finished with mozzarella and a bruschetta-basil topping. It’s served with grilled jumbo broccoli.
• The Cabo Mahi is mahi mahi with smoked paprika ancho glaze topped with pineapple pico de gallo and served with red ale rice and Southwest Succotash for $14.95.
• For dessert, Rock Bottom is introducing Can’t Get Enough Ice Cream Sandwiches, which are chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream served with hot fudge. They cost $5.95 for three sandwiches.
The items are available at 31 of the chain’s 32 locations; the Chicago unit is only offering the new beer.
16 Handles has added a line of seasonal “Farm to Fro-Yo” flavors at its 37 frozen yogurt locations, as well as several new toppings.
The seasonal yogurt flavors are peach and blackberry. 16 Handles also has introduced a blood orange sorbetto. The three new toppings are Apple Cider Pound Cake, Crispy Crispix sweetened with caramelized sugar, and Goji Granola with chia seeds, goji berries and pumpkin seeds.
New York City-based 16 Handles operates in its home state as well as New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland and Florida.
Meanwhile, Pinkberry has added a cherry frozen yogurt to its summertime lineup at its 230 locations worldwide.