What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from First Watch, 16 Handles
- El Pollo Loco, McAlister's Deli, more
New items include breakfast dishes and summer-themed BBQ offerings.
El Pollo Loco, McAlister's Deli, more
The quesadilla is made with the quick-service chain’s signature citrus-marinated, fire-grilled chicken stuffed in a warm flour tortilla along with seared peppers and onions, Monterey Jack cheese and sliced avocado. It’s dressed with a poblano cream sauce and garnished with cilantro.
The salad is made with sliced avocado, pico de gallo and black beans, and is topped with creamy cilantro dressing. Chicken can be added upon request to make the salad an entrée.
Both entrées are available starting at $5.49, although prices vary by location. The Costa Mesa, Calif.-based chain did not say how long the LTO would last.
Deli has added three limited-time pulled pork-based items, as well as a seasonal tea and desserts to its 315 locations. The items are available through September 29.
• The BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich is pulled pork, barbecue sauce and coleslaw on toasted ciabatta. It’s $7.49 at company-owned stores.
• The BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos are tortilla chips smothered in pulled pork, barbecue sauce and cheese sauce, topped with jalapeños, sour cream and green onions. They’re $7.99 in company-owned stores.
• The Pulled Pork Spud is a baked potato topped with pulled pork, barbecue sauce and pickles. It’s $6.99 in company-owned stores.
• The seasonal tea is Peach Tea, made with the Alpharetta, Ga.-based chain’s signature sweet tea and peach purée. It’s garnished with a peach slice and sold for $2.49 in company-owned stores
• McAlister’s has also introduced two Dessert Shooters, featuring fruit filling layered with crumbled cookies and topped with fruit. They’re $2 each and are available in blueberry-mango and strawberry-banana flavors.
is bringing back its King’s Hawaiian Pork & Slaw sandwich for a limited time at its 638 locations. The sandwich is made with pork that has been smoked for 12 hours. It’s smothered in pepper Jack cheese, steamed, topped with coleslaw and served on a toasted bun.
The price varies by market but is in the range of $6-$6.50. The item will be available through September 29.
The sandwich was first introduced in December 2011 in test markets and then was first offered nationwide June to September 2012.
has introduced a new salad as a permanent addition to the menu at its 578 locations. The Cobb Zalad is made of mixed greens, cucumber, Roma tomatoes, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, fried onions, Cheddar and Jack cheeses, and grilled chicken. It’s served with Texas Toast and a light ranch dressing. Prices vary by location.
This article has been updated to reflect the following correction:
Correction July 22, 2013 An earlier version of this article misstated the price of First Watch's Strawberry Mint Cooler. The drink is priced at $2.99.
Contact Bret Thorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow him on Twitter: @foodwriterdiary