What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Jack in the Box, T.G.I. Fridayâ€™s
- Mama Fu's, Moe's and more
McAlister’s Deli, Taco Bell, Togo’s, Ted’s Montana Grill, Mama Fu’s Asian House, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Sweetgreen also introduce new menu items
Jack in the Box has launched a late-night menu to compete with Taco Bell, McDonald’s and Wendy’s.
Jack’s Munchie Meal features four options available from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., served with “halfsie” fries (half seasoned curly fries and half regular fries) and a 20-ounce drink, priced at $4, or $6 with two tacos.
T.G.I. Friday’s has added three new Stacked Burgers, which feature two patties and a brioche-style bun, to the permanent menu.
• All-American Stacked Burger: Melted sharp Cheddar cheese, onion bacon jam, and Asiago and Parmesan spread between the two burgers, with Thousand Island dressing and peppered bacon
• Philly Stacked Burger: Braised shredded beef, mozzarella, Asiago, Parmesan, roasted cremini mushrooms, spicy giardiniera vegetables and green onion between the two patties, topped with Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, horseradish spread, onion bacon jam and peppered bacon
• Bleu Cheese Stacked Burger: Melted blue cheese, roasted cremini mushrooms, balsamic and green onion between the patties, which are crusted with blue cheese and topped with roasted garlic rosemary aïoli and peppered bacon.
The burgers are served with fries and priced within a dollar of T.G.I. Friday’s Signature Burgers, which are generally less than $10.
Following the success of previous seasonal offerings, McAlister’s Deli has introduced a turkey sandwich and a turkey salad, both available through Dec. 30.
• Turkey Cranberry Griller: Smoked turkey, Gorgonzola cheese, cranberry compote and sliced Granny Smith apple, served on ciabatta bread, for $7.99 at corporate locations
• Turkey Cranberry Salad: Smoked turkey, dried cranberries, candied pecans, Gorgonzola, sliced Granny Smith apples, grapes and cranberry-pecan vinaigrette, for $7.49 at corporate restaurants.
Taco Bell has extended its line of proprietary Mountain Dew-branded products with two new frozen drinks. Mountain Dew Distortion Freeze adds sour lime flavor to the soda, and Mountain Dew Typhoon Freeze is the soda with tropical punch. They are available at the chain’s 5,700 domestic locations at a suggested price of $1.99 for 16 ounces and $2.29 for 20 ounces.
Togo’s is reprising two French-dip-style sandwiches, which were originally introduced last fall, through Jan. 7.
• Roast Beef Toasted Dip: Roast beef, melted provolone and horseradish mayonnaise on a white roll, served with au jus, priced at $6.25 for a six-inch sandwich and $8.25 for a nine-inch sandwich
• Triple Toasted Dip: Turkey, roast beef, pastrami, melted provolone and horseradish mayonnaise on a white roll, served with au jus, priced at $9.25 for a six-inch sandwich and $12.25 for a nine-inch sandwich.
Ted’s Montana Grill has added two new burgers and a salad at its 44 restaurants.
• No. 10 burger: A classic cheeseburger with housemade pickles, lettuce, tomato and the chain’s signature Ted sauce — made with mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, Tabasco sauce and ranch seasoning. Prices vary by location, but it is priced at $13 with beef and $15 with bison in the chain’s Atlanta hometown. The burger was created last year for Ted’s 10th anniversary.
• No. 11 burger: A bison burger with melted horseradish Cheddar cheese topped with braised bison short rib, grilled mushrooms and horseradish sauce, priced at $16 in Atlanta
• Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad: Baby spinach, roasted chicken, roasted beets, spiced pecans, crumbled goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, priced at $13 in Atlanta.
Ted’s has also added a hamburger that was a popular limited-time offer last year to its permanent menu, and reprised a seasonal dessert.
• Madison burger: Topped with crumbled goat cheese, baby arugula and Z-sauce (a raspberry aïoli) on a wheat bun, priced at $14 for beef and $16 for bison in Atlanta.
• Apple Pecan Crisp: Granny Smith apples and caramel baked in an oatmeal pecan crust and topped with vanilla ice cream, priced at $8 systemwide.