What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Jack in the Box, T.G.I. Fridayâ€™s
- Mama Fu's, Moe's and more
McAlister’s Deli, Taco Bell, Togo’s, Ted’s Montana Grill, Mama Fu’s Asian House, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Sweetgreen also introduce new menu items
Mama Fu's, Moe's and more
Mama Fu’s Asian House has moved several items from its semi-secret Black Market Menu, which it uses to test potential new items, onto its permanent menu. All the items are available through April 2014.
• Spicy Seoul Stir Fry: A choice of pork tenderloin, chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu stir-fried with Korean chile garlic sauce, cabbage, mushrooms, onions, red bell peppers, bean sprouts and scallions, garnished with cucumber sticks and served with white or brown rice. The dish cost $8.69 with pork or chicken.
• Sichuan Kung Pao: The same protein choices stir-fried with Kung Pao sauce, celery, water chestnuts, red bell peppers, onion, peanuts and chile peppers, served with white or brown rice. The dish costs $8.69 with pork or chicken.
• Korean Street Tacos: Flour tortillas filled with a choice of protein, plus kimchi, pickled carrots, daikon and green onions, priced at $7.49
• Bánh Mì: A Vietnamese-style sandwich with pork tenderloin or chicken cooked in spicy hoisin sauce and served on a French baguette with pickled carrots, daikon, cilantro and cucumber slices, priced at $8.69.
The following items are on the fall Black Market menu:
• Miso Soup: Vegetarian shiitake mushroom broth with white miso, soft tofu, wakame seaweed and scallions, priced at $2.49 for a cup and $3.49 for a bowl
• Hoisin BBQ Ribs: St. Louis-style pork ribs seared with sweet-and-spicy barbecue sauce, served on ginger soy kale, priced at $8.49
• Thai Fire Curry: Coconut curry sauce with lemon grass, onion, bok choy, carrots and bean sprouts with a choice of pork tenderloin, chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu, served with white or brown rice
• Vietnamese Vermicelli: Thin rice noodles topped with vegetables or a choice of protein seared with lemon grass ginger sauce and served with greens, herbs, cucumbers and bean sprouts with Vietnamese dipping sauce and peanut sauce on the side. The dish is priced at $7.89 for vegetables; $8.69 for chicken, tofu or pork; $8.99 for beef; and $9.99 for shrimp.
• Tokyo Strip Steak: Flash-seared eight-ounce New York strip steak topped with shiitake mushroom teriyaki sauce, served with ginger soy kale and wasabi mashed potatoes, priced at $13.99.
Moe’s Southwest Grill is serving the winning recipe from its Raise the Salsa Bar contest, which it held on Facebook in summer 2012, until April 2014.
Three Bears Salsa, submitted by Cheryl Gallowitz, a veterinary technician from Newberry, Fla., is available for free with the purchase of any meal at all 510 units of the Atlanta-based chain. The salsa contains diced tomato, onion, red pepper, green pepper, tomatillo, cilantro, pickled jalapeños, red wine vinegar, sea salt and lime juice.
Sweetgreen, a 20-unit salad and frozen yogurt chain based in Washington, D.C., has added a new salad for October made with organic mesclun and shredded kale, local apples, pears, organic basil, organic white Cheddar and candied pecans dressed in balsamic vinaigrette. The salad is priced at $8.10 in Sweetgreen’s D.C., Philadelphia and Boston locations, and $9.10 in New York City.
This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:
Correction: October 10, 2013 This article has been updated with the correct number of Moe's Southwest Grill locations.