What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from McDonaldâs, Burger King
- Caribou, First Watch, Cheddars and Qdoba
New menu items include burgers, salads, sandwiches and seafood dishes.
McDonald’s will debut three new versions of its signature Quarter Pounder next month: Deluxe, Habanero Ranch, and Bacon and Cheese. The buns for all three will also have more whole grain than the original Quarter Pounder, which will keep its original bun. The burgers are priced starting at $3.99.
The 14,000-unit chain will also introduce a McCafé Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie and a Dulce de Leche Shake on June 10 as a limited-time offer through Sept. 15.
The smoothie blends blueberries, raspberries and a splash of pomegranate juice, and is priced starting at $2.49 for a small, depending on the location, the same as McDonald’s other smoothies.
The shake is made with reduced-fat vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup, and is topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Pricing starts at $1.99 for a small.
The menu also includes a barbecue chicken salad with seven types of lettuce; grape tomatoes; a blend of Monterrey Jack, Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; and a fried or grilled white-meat chicken fillet, for a suggested price of $5.39. The salad is drizzled with sweet BBQ sauce and honey mustard dressing.
The 13,000 chain has also reprised its sweet potato fries, for a suggested $1.89 for a small, $2.19 for a medium and $2.39 for a large. A Memphis BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich with sliced onions on a toasted artisan-style bun is priced at $3.49. Other items on the menu include a Carolina BBQ Whopper, Carolina BBQ Tendercrisp or Tendergrill Sandwich, frozen lemonade and frozen strawberry lemonade, and several Oreo-branded desserts.
Applebee’s has launched two new limited-time menu items as part of its “Fresh Flavors of Summer” menu, as well as four new sandwiches on its Lunch Combos menu.
Applebee's Margarita Queso Chicken & Shrimp
The Fresh Flavors of Summer menu items start at $9.99 and include:
• Blackened Sirloin & Garlicky Green Beans: A seven-ounce steak rubbed with blackened seasonings and basted with lime butter, served on a bed of crispy red potatoes tossed in a tomato pesto sauce with a side of garlicky green beans and chunky Roma pepper relish
• Margarita Queso Chicken & Shrimp: Chipotle lime shrimp and grilled chicken in cilantro lime glaze served over a combination of Mexican rice, white queso, corn and black beans. The dish is served with avocado, chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
The four new sandwiches have been permanently added to the Lunch Combos menu, which starts at $6.99. They include:
• Classic Turkey Breast Sandwich: Thick slices of slow-cooked turkey breast, romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes and smoky mayonnaise on toasted ciabatta
• American BLT Sandwich: Six slices of applewood smoked bacon and melted American cheese with iceberg lettuce, tomato slices and smoky mayonnaise on toasted Tuscan bread
• Four Cheese Grille Sandwich: A melted blend of sharp Cheddar, aged white Cheddar, Asiago and Parmesan cheeses on toasted Tuscan bread, served with a bowl of tomato basil soup
• Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich: Thick-sliced, slow-cooked turkey breast; avocado slices; Jack cheese; lettuce and tomato; bacon and green goddess dressing on ciabatta.
Applebee’s has also added a Green Goddess Wedge Salad made with iceberg lettuce and green goddess dressing.