What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Pizza Hut, Auntie Anneâ€™s
- Pinkberry, El Pollo Loco and more
Pizza Hut Canada, Cinnabon, Einstein Bros., Pinkberry, El Pollo Loco, Tropical Smoothie Café, Charleys Philly Steaks and Charley’s Grilled Subs, La Madeleine Country French Café, Pizza Ranch, Bruster’s Real Ice Cream and Popbar also introduce new menu items.
Pinkberry, El Pollo Loco and more
Pinkberry has introduced smoothies blended with its Pinkberry greek yogurt. The five variations include Strawberry Banana, Mixed Berry, Pineapple Coconut, Cucumber Mint and Peanut Butter. In Southern California, the chain is offering a Kale Strawberry smoothie. All smoothies are made with fruit, milk, ice and agave nectar. A 16-ounce smoothie is priced at a suggested $4.95.
El Pollo Loco is offering pork carnitas for an unspecified limited time as an option in a taco trio, burrito and quesadilla.
• Pork Carnitas Taco Trio: Onion, tomatillo verde salsa, cotija cheese and cilantro wrapped in warm corn tortillas and served with a lime wedge
• Pork Carnitas Burrito: A flour tortilla stuffed with Jack cheese, rice, pinto beans, chipotle cream, cabbage, pico de gallo and sliced avocado
• Pork Carnitas Stuffed Quesadilla: Jack cheese, tomatillo verde salsa, onion, cilantro and avocado in a grilled flour tortilla.
Tropical Smoothie Café has introduced vegetarian Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips, a blend of soy and pea proteins intended to mirror the taste of chicken. They are available to replace chicken in any salad, flatbread or wrap for no additional charge.
Charleys Philly Steaks and Charleys Grilled Subs is rolling out a Spicy Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich for a limited time through July 14 at all domestic locations. The sandwich includes all-white-meat chicken, ham, Swiss cheese and a signature Roasted Pineapple & Habanero sauce.
The sandwich was inspired by Michael Woodburn of West Point, Utah, the winner of the company’s 2012 GrillMaster competition, which was open to all employees worldwide.
La Madeleine has launched summer items available through Sept. 3.
• Chopped Salmon Niçoise Salade: Lettuce, salmon, diced eggs, feta, potato, green beans, tomato and Kalamata olives tossed in Caesar dressing, served with a sea salt breadstick and priced at $10.49-$10.99 depending on location
• Grape & Pecan Chicken Salade Croissant: The chain’s Chicken Salad Croissant with grapes and pecans added, priced at $7.49-$7.89
• Strawberry Cream Puff: A cream puff filled with diced strawberries, strawberry pastry cream and strawberry whipped cream, topped with whipped cream, a strawberry and doughnut sugar, priced at $2.79
La Madeleine is also adding Pomegranate Berry Iced Tea, which combines pomegranate and elderberry, to its existing tea line. The drink is priced at $2.19.
Pizza Ranch has introduced two Polynesian-themed items to its menu through Oct. 6.
• Meaty Tahiti Pizza: Ham, red onion, pineapple, red pepper, green onion, Cattleman’s Classic BBQ sauce and a mozzarella cheese blend. A small pie is priced at $6; medium, $10; and large, $12.
• Aloha Salad: Romaine lettuce, bacon, red onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and Oriental sesame dressing, priced at $5.99.
Bruster’s Real Ice Cream is offering Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk, Black Raspberry and Peach ice creams through the end of July. The new flavors are part of the chain’s revitalization strategy to include more limited-time offers. The ice cream is available in waffle cones and priced at $3.99.
Popbar, a three-unit New York City-based chain, has introduced an avocado ice pop as a permanent addition. The Avocado PopSorbetto is made with avocado, water and other proprietary ingredients and served frozen on a stick. It was introduced after focus groups expressed pleasure at the item’s “interesting, delicious” flavor, a spokeswoman said. The pop is priced at $3.99.