What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Taco Bell, Arbyâ€™s
- Krispy Kreme, Joe's Crab Shack, CPK and more
Chili’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Joe’s Crab Shack, California Pizza Kitchen, Pei Wei Asian Diner, Roy Rogers and Topper’s Pizza also introduce new menu items.
Krispy Kreme, Joe's Crab Shack, CPK and more
Krispy Kreme is introducing new Hugs and Kisses doughnuts for Valentine’s Day and reprising its heart-shaped doughnuts. The items are available through Feb. 14 at a suggested retail price of $1.29 each or $8.49 per dozen at the chain’s 239 locations.
The new Hugs and Kisses doughnuts are shaped like X’s and O’s and have white icing and strawberry topping.
• Sprinkled Heart: A reprisal of the white iced, heart-shaped doughnut with red and white sprinkles
• Valentine Sprinkles doughnut: A chocolate iced ring with red and white sprinkles
• Chocolate Iced Heart: A chocolate iced heart-shaped doughnut with a red drizzle.
Joe’s Crab Shack has added calamari, buckets of crabs, mahi mahi and a Southern-inspired sampler to its spring menu, which debuted Jan. 28.
The Dippin’ Crab Bucket gives guests a choice of King, Queen, Snow, Dungeness or Antarctic crab varieties, cooked to order and served with a choice of new dipping sauces: Garlicky Butter; Tiki, flavored with garlic, plum and Sriracha sauce; and Back Bay, flavored with garlic and mushrooms. The item is priced between $22.49 and $32.99, depending on the type of crab ordered, and comes with corn, potatoes and a buttermilk biscuit.
• Shack Calamari: Batter-fried squid rings topped with Joe’s signature Shack Sauce, priced at $7.89
• Southern Sampler: Shrimp toast, crab fritters and fried pickles served with rémoulade sauce and ranch dressing, priced at $10.99
• Mahi Kabobbers: Three skewers of mahi mahi, bacon-wrapped shrimp, red peppers and red onions served with potatoes and corn hash, priced at $17.79
California Pizza Kitchen has launched a national cocktail program at its 223 restaurants, in partnership with Casamigos Tequila, a brand co-founded by actor George Clooney.
The first drink in the program is a Citrus Adobo Margarita, made with Casamigos Tequila Blanco, agave sour mix, Cointreau, chipotle adobo, orange and lime. The beverage is priced at $8.50 to $9.50, depending on the location. Other recipes are in the works, a spokeswoman said.
Pei Wei Asian Diner has added four new dishes to the permanent menu at its 192 restaurants.
• Thai Lime & Chile: Made with chicken, steak, shrimp or tofu stir-fried with Thai lime pineapple chile sauce, garlic, red onion, snap peas, Fresno chile peppers, cashews, bean sprouts, carrots, cucumbers and cilantro. The dish is served with white rice, brown rice or salad, starting at $6.39.
• Ginger Orange Edamame: Steamed soybeans with orange peel, ginger, garlic and sea salt, priced at $1.99 for a small and $2.99 for a large
• Szechuan Green Beans: Wok-seared green beans, Szechuan vegetables, Hunan sauce, chile paste and garlic, priced at $2.99
• Wok Roasted Vegetable Salad: Wok-roasted cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, green beans, scallions, assorted lettuces, Napa cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, toasted sesame seeds, curry salt and miso vinaigrette, priced at $7.29.
Roy Rogers has added a Gold Rush Hot Ham N Cheese sandwich to the menu at its 50 locations.
The sandwich is made with cured ham and melted American and Monterey Jack cheeses, topped with the chain’s Gold Rush sauce, which has flavors of honey, barbecue and brown sugar. The item is served on sourdough bread and priced at $4.19.
Toppers Pizza, a 53-unit chain based in Whitewater, Wis., has introduced chocolate breadsticks topped with bacon. Chocolate Baconstix joins a line that includes Tacostix, Pepperonistix, Baconstix and Cinnamonstix. The item is offered at a trial price of $3.99 until April.
The chain also has added three new dipping sauces: Chocolate Frosting, Chipotle Ranch and Marinara.