What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from T.G.I. Fridayâ€™s, Baskin-Robbins
- Champps, El Pollo Loco and Fazoli's
New menu items include sandwiches, small plates, cocktails and tacos.
T.G.I. Friday’s has introduced a new Taste & Share menu, which expands its line of shareable small plates.
The Taste & Share menu includes Thai Pork Tacos, Ahi Tuna Crisps, Bacon Mac and Cheese Bites, Parmesan Meatballs, Corned Beef and Swiss Sliders, Garlic & Basil Bruschetta, and two choices of Hibachi Skewers — Black Angus sirloin and chicken.
The new items are priced between $4.99 and $6.99. They also are available in bundles, priced at $15 for three plates and $22 for five plates.
• Ahi Tuna Crisps: Ahi tuna seared with blackening spice and served on tortilla chips with guacamole, jalapeños, Sriracha sauce and avocado vinaigrette. The crisps are drizzled with cucumber-wasabi ranch dressing.
• Bacon Mac and Cheese Bites: Made with three varieties of Cheddar cheese and served with a craft beer-cheese dipping sauce
• Garlic & Basil Bruschetta: Toasted Parmesan baguette slices topped with Roma tomatoes, roasted garlic, basil and balsamic glaze
• Thai Pork Tacos: Marinated pulled pork with Sriracha aïoli, ginger-lime slaw and hoisin sauce in three soft corn tortillas
• Parmesan Meatballs: Breaded and smothered meatballs in marinara sauce; melted Monterey Jack, Parmesan and Romano cheeses; topped with tomato-basil bruschetta
• Corned Beef & Swiss Sliders: Served on pretzel rolls with caramelized onions, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise
• Hibachi Skewers: Marinated in garlic and black pepper soy sauce with miso glaze, served with grilled pita and ginger-lime slaw
The new items join T.G.I. Friday’s other shareable appetizers, including Warm Pretzels with Craft Beer-Cheese Dipping Sauce, Pan-Seared Pot Stickers and a Jack Daniel’s Sampler.
Carrollton, Texas-based T.G.I. Friday’s operates more than 900 restaurants in more than 60 countries.
Arby's is co-branding with King’s Hawaiian bread on two new sandwiches.
The 3,354-unit Atlanta-based quick-service chain is serving its Roast Beef and Roast Beef and Swiss sandwiches on the slightly sweet Portuguese-style bread.
The new items come with one-third more roast beef than the chain’s regular sandwiches. The Roast Beef and Swiss sandwich also has crunchy pickles and creamy Dijon spread. The sandwiches are priced at $3.99 and $4.59, respectively, and are available through the end of May.
Baskin-Robbins is highlighting berries in May with four new items.
The flavor of the month at its nearly 7,000 locations worldwide is Blueberry Shortbread Ice Cream, made with blueberry-flavored ice cream with a textured lemon shortbread cookie swirl. The ice cream is also used in a milkshake, mixed with milk and simple syrup.
In addition, Baskin-Robbins is offering a Mixed Berry Waffle Cone for the month, used in its Berry Waffle Crunch 31° Below, which blends vanilla soft serve with strawberry topping and pieces of the waffle cone.
All of the new items are available through May at participating restaurants. The chain’s ice cream scoops have a suggested retail price of $2.29-$2.49, with an additional 79 cents for a waffle cone. The 31° Below is priced between $2 and $4.99, depending on the size and location. Milkshakes are priced at $3.29-$6.29.
The chain is also offering a Coke Float in May and June, priced between $2.99 and $4.99. The item is made with vanilla or soft-serve ice cream and Coca-Cola.