What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from T.G.I. Fridayâ€™s, Baskin-Robbins
- Champps, El Pollo Loco and Fazoli's
New menu items include sandwiches, small plates, cocktails and tacos.
Champps, El Pollo Loco and Fazoli's
Champps Americana has introduced two appetizer-and-entrée menus, starting at $9.99.
The Offseason Training Menu, which has a total of less than 650 calories, includes an appetizer of Four Pepper Spiced Tuna served with pickled cucumbers and a creamy wasabi sauce, and a choice of either Mahi Mahi with Spinach Pasta Salad or Fresco Chicken Tacos. The menu is priced at $9.99-$14.99, depending on the location.
The Mahi Mahi is grilled fish topped with a chilled spinach penne salad tossed with cilantro vinaigrette, capers and roasted red peppers. It’s topped with feta cheese and roasted tomatoes.
The Fresco Chicken Tacos are grilled chicken with salsa verde pepper Jack cheese in flour tortillas, served with a side of warm black bean and corn salsa.
The Fresh Favorite menu starts with a Tapas Trio — tomato bruschetta, hummus topped with basil chimichurri and olive tapenade with seasoned pita — and a choice of Chicken Summer Salad or Fresca Steak Tacos. The menu is priced at $7.99-$11.99
The salad includes grilled chicken, apples, bacon, blueberries, almonds and shaved Vermont white Cheddar tossed in a creamy dressing.
The tacos feature flour tortillas stuffed with grilled steak, salsa verde and pepper Jack cheese, served with warm black bean and corn salsa.
The 52-unit Wichita, Kan.-based casual-dining chain is also offering new varieties of Skinnygirl-branded cocktails through June 23, priced at $5.99-$6.99.
• The Bethenny Breeze has vodka, agave sour mix, club soda and a float of cranberry juice.
• The Moscato Rita has tequila, sour mix, Moscato wine and a splash of orange juice.
• The Salty Hound features vodka and grapefruit juice served with a salted rim.
• The Bare Naked & Soda has vodka, soda water and a splash of orange juice.
Champps’ sister chains Fox and Hound and Bailey’s, which total 78 units, are also offering Skinnygirl cocktails for $6 to $7.
has introduced three new shrimp items as limited-time offers.
• The Baja Shrimp Grande Taco has marinated grilled shrimp, shredded cabbage, creamy cilantro dressing, sliced avocado and mango salsa served in a warm corn tortilla.
• The Baja Shrimp Tostada Salad has the same shrimp with Spanish rice, pinto beans, romaine lettuce, mango salsa, avocado, cilantro and citrus vinaigrette on a crispy tostada shell.
• The Baja Shrimp Stuffed Quesadilla includes Jack cheese, cabbage, tomatillo salsa verde and avocado wrapped in a warm tortilla.
Prices for the items start at $2.99.
The 400-unit Costa Mesa, Calif.-based company did not specify an end date for the offer.
Fazoli’s has introduced new toppings for its Baked Spaghetti and Baked Alfredo Bowtie pastas at participating restaurants in its 220-unit system as limited-time offers through May. Each item is priced at $1.49.
• The Mediterranean topping includes diced chicken tenders, roasted red pepper purée, sliced black olives, feta cheese and balsamic tomatoes.
• The Asiago mushroom topping features roasted baby portabella mushrooms, shredded Asiago and fontina cheeses, and a spice blend.