What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Tim Hortons, Burger King
- Newk's, Panda Express and more
Arby’s, Brick House Tavern + Tap, El Pollo Loco, Mimi’s Café, Newk’s Eatery, Panda Express, Popeyes, Stevi B’s Pizza, Tropical Smoothie Café, Zoës Kitchen also introduce new menu items
Tim Hortons has introduced a Grilled Steak & Cheese Panini, part of a move to innovate its lunchtime menu, the company said.
The sandwich will be available through the rest of the year at participating locations in the chain’s 4,275-unit system in North America.
A sandwich served at lunch is priced at $4.99. A breakfast version of the sandwich, priced at $3.49, is served on a biscuit that is toasted on a panini grill. The breakfast item marks the first time Tim Hortons has used its panini grill on a biscuit.
Burger King has introduced a lower-calorie French fry systemwide. Satisfries have 40 percent less fat and 30 percent fewer calories than its conventional fries.
Suggested prices are $1.29 for a value size, $1.89 for a small, $2.09 for a medium and $2.29 for a large. Satisfries are available in kids’ meals at no additional charge.
Arby’s has added a Smokehouse Brisket Sandwich made with smoked USDA Choice and USDA Select brisket, available through November. The sandwich is priced at $5.29, or $7.49 in a combo with a small drink and fries.
Brick House Tavern + Tap, a 16-unit subsidiary of Houston-based Ignite Restaurant Group, has introduced brunch. The menu is available on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and features:
• Southern Fried Chicken Benedict: Spicy buttermilk-marinated fried chicken, poached eggs, toasted brioche and Sriracha bacon hollandaise, $13
• Prosciutto Benedict: Prosciutto, poached eggs, toasted brioche and hollandaise, $12
• Filet Mignon Benedict: Beef tenderloin, poached eggs, toasted brioche and hollandaise, for $16
The chain also offers $2 house mimosas and a Bloody Good Mary during brunch. The Bloody Mary is made with vodka, hot sauce, stout beer and pickle juice, topped with a deviled egg, salami, smoked Cheddar, an olive skewer and a spiced pork rind rim. It is priced at $8.
El Pollo Loco has introduced a new line of Puffy Shell Tacos made with the 398-unit chain’s signature citrus-marinated, fire-grilled chicken.
The Chicken & Chorizo Puffy Shell Taco features shredded chicken mixed with pork chorizo, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and green cabbage, dressed with poblano salsa and pico de gallo. The Chicken Avocado Poblano Puffy Shell Taco is made with Monterey Jack cheese, chicken thigh meat and a lettuce blend, topped with poblano cream sauce, avocado slices and pico de gallo. The Chicken Guacamole Puffy Shell Taco is made with pinto beans, chicken, guacamole, cotija cheese, green cabbage, pico de gallo and sour cream.
The tacos are available systemwide, starting at $5.49. They are available for a limited time, but the Costa Mesa, Calif.-based chain did not state when the offer would end.
Mimi’s Café has introduced a new breakfast menu, part of an effort to turn around the 143-unit chain, which Le Duff America Inc. acquired in February. Among the new items are:
• Bacon Apple Waffles: Three petite waffles topped with apples, hickory-smoked bacon, syrup and orange zest, $7.49
• Pommes Lyonnais Benedict: Potato galettes topped with hickory-smoked bacon, sautéed spinach, sliced tomatoes, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, served with fruit, $9.89
• Croque Madame Waffle: Ham and Swiss cheese on two petite herb waffles with Mornay sauce, topped with fried eggs and served with fruit, $8.99
• Marseille Omelet: Egg white omelet with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, caramelized onions, tomatoes and goat cheese, served with fruit, $9.59
Mimi’s plans to introduce new lunch and dinner menus on Oct. 7.