Taco Bell will launch an 11-item value menu Monday as a permanent addition to its offerings.
The Dollar Cravings menu will feature the following items, each priced at $1:
• Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla: Marinated, shredded white meat, shredded cheese and creamy chipotle sauce in a grilled tortilla
Taco Bell teases dollar menu
• Beefy Mini Quesadilla: Seasoned beef, shredded cheese and creamy chipotle sauce in a grilled tortilla
• Beefy Fritos Burrito: Seasoned ground beef, cilantro rice, nacho cheese sauce and Fritos wrapped in a tortilla
• Spicy Tostada: Beans, red sauce, creamy chipotle sauce, lettuce, shredded Cheddar and tomatoes on a crunchy tortilla
• Cheesy Bean & Rice Burrito: Cilantro rice, beans, nacho cheese sauce and creamy jalapeño sauce
• Cheesy Roll Up: A three-cheese blend melted and wrapped in a flour tortilla
• Triple Layer Nachos: Fried nacho chips topped with beans, red sauce and nacho cheese sauce.
• Spicy Potato Soft Taco: Crispy potato bites, lettuce, creamy chipotle sauce and shredded Cheddar in a soft tortilla
• Cinnabon Delights: Two bite-sized pastries coated in cinnamon and sugar and stuffed with cream cheese frosting
• Cinnamon Twists: Crispy, puffed corn twists sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar
• Caramel Apple Empanadas: A crispy pastry pocket stuffed with warm apples in creamy caramel sauce.
The company said it selected a variety of items, including meatless, spicy, cheesy and sweet options, to appeal to all customers.
In e-mails to Nation’s Restaurant News, a company representative said that “craveable and quality value items” are important for Taco Bell because Millennials drive nearly half of the chain’s transactions.
According to consumer research firm The NPD Group, Taco Bell’s key 18-34-year-old demographic is visiting quick-service restaurants less frequently than five years ago.
In 2009, consumers ages 18-24 made 174 visits per person to quick-service restaurants, while 25-34-year-olds made 198 visits per person.
In 2014, that number is projected to drop to 164 visits and 171 visits, respectively.
Contact Bret Thorn at email@example.com.
Follow him on Twitter: @foodwriterdiary