When the news first hit in mid-August that eggs were being recalled because of possible salmonella contamination, Peggy Bevan of The Egg Shell restaurant near Denver decided not to take any chances. Not sure whether the eggs she had in stock were affected, she threw them all out — 90 dozen, along with the pancake batter and other mixes that had already been prepared using eggs. “We remade everything,” Bevan said, after her distributor brought a new load of eggs an hour ...
Register to view this article
It’s free but we need to know a little about you to continually improve our content.
Registering allows you to unlock a portion of our premium online content. You can access more in-depth stories and analysis, as well as news not found on any other website or any other media outlet. You also get free eNewsletters, blogs, real-time polls, archives and more.
Attention Print Subscribers: While you have already been granted free access to NRN we ask that you register now. We promise it will only take a few minutes!