McDonald’s has added a new Southwest Chicken Premium McWrap. The wrap features grilled or fried chicken glazed with cilantro lime sauce, spring greens, lettuce, tomatoes, Cheddar Jack cheese, tortilla strips and habanero ranch sauce in a warm tortilla, priced starting at $3.99.
This fall, Jack in the Box is offering Pumpkin Spice Premium Roast Coffee at $1.39 for 12 ounces and $1.89 for 16 ounces and Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee at $2.19 for 16 ounces and $2.99 for 24 ounces, as well as a Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Shake and an Eggnog Ice Cream Shake at $2.79 for 16 ounces and $3.29 for 24 ounces. The shakes are served with whipped topping and a maraschino cherry for the same price as the 2,250-unit chain’s other Real Ice Cream Shakes. Jack in the Box said that prices may vary by location.
The San Diego-based chain has also reprised its BLT Cheeseburger for an unspecified limited time. The burger is priced at $4.99 for a combo meal that includes a 20-ounce beverage and a small order of fries.
The burger, first introduced in early 2012, features hickory-smoked bacon, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, a beef patty, American cheese, pickles and mayonnaise-onion sauce on a sesame seed bun.
Sister quick-service chains Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s have added a Maple Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit to their menus for a limited time through the fall. The sandwich is made with three maple sausage links, a slice of American cheese, and egg, sandwiched in a biscuit. The item is available at participating restaurants in the 1,403-unit Carl’s Jr. and 1,965-unit Hardee’s systems, for around $2.69.
Darden Restaurants Inc. concepts Red Lobster, Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse have added new pumpkin desserts to their menus for an unspecified limited time this fall.
Red Lobster is offering Pumpkin Pie in a Jar, a layered pumpkin and cream cheese mousse with a graham cracker crust, topped with sugared pecans.
Olive Garden has rolled out a Pumpkin Cheesecake topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce and ginger cookie crumbles.
LongHorn Steakhouse has introduced a Pumpkin Spice Lava Cake, warm pumpkin spice cake filled with cream cheese icing and drizzled with Maker’s Mark bourbon-caramel sauce and candied pecans.
Prices for the desserts vary by market.
Longhorn has also introduced a seasonal entrée and appetizer. The appetizer, Oktoberfest Pretzel Sticks, is served with bacon honey mustard and Samuel Adam’s beer cheese dipping sauces, priced at $6.29.
The entrée, Pork Osso Buco, is slow-cooked pork shanks topped with a wine-and-roasted-vegetable sauce, served over creamy mashed potatoes, priced at $17.99.
P. F. Chang's, California Pizza Kitchen and more
P. F. Chang’s has added 11 limited-time offers to the menu at its 211 restaurants, until the end of December.
• Crispy Korean Chicken Wings: Served lollipop-style with sweet and spicy red chile sauce, sprinkled with scallions and sesame seeds, priced at $10.95
• Shanghai Waldorf Salad: Chopped kale, endive, radicchio, apples, grapes, celery, grape tomatoes and candied walnuts tossed in light miso-lime vinaigrette, priced at $8.95
• Miso Chicken: Miso-tamarind sauce wok-tossed with sliced chicken breast, baby carrots, Asian mushrooms, bok choy, candied walnuts and corn, topped with cilantro, priced at $13.95
• Citrus Mustard Prawns: Citrus-mustard sauce wok-tossed with prawns, baby carrots, black beans, ginger, Fresno peppers and zucchini ribbons, topped with cilantro, priced at $17.95
• Harvest Vegetable Quinoa “Fried Rice:” Wok-tossed red quinoa with spiced butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, wok-charred corn, snap peas, carrots, zucchini and diced green apples, topped with a sunny-side-up egg, priced at $11.95. It can be prepared gluten-free.
• Vietnamese Noodles with Steak & Shrimp: Inspired by the Vietnamese noodle soup pho and incorporating flavors of hoisin, sriracha, cinnamon and coriander, the dish features rice noodles with marinated shrimp and flank steak wok-tossed with Chinese broccoli, carrots and bean sprouts and topped with cilantro, priced at $12.95.
• Pumpkin Wontons: Warm, crispy wontons filled with pumpkin and cream cheese, dusted with powdered sugar, served with vanilla and pumpkin sauce, candied walnuts and mint, priced at $3.25 for two or $5.95 for four
• Caramel Apple Wontons: Crispy wontons filled with warm apples, caramel and cream cheese, dusted with powdered sugar, served with cinnamon and caramel sauce and mint, priced at $3.25 for two or $5.95 for four
• Apple Cinnamon Martini: Absolut Orient Apple Vodka and Tuaca liqueur shaken with apple juice, lemon juice and cinnamon, priced at $9
• Ginger Jalapeño Mule: Tanteo Jalapeño Tequila shaken with ginger, lime juice and Thai basil leaves, priced at $10
Rum Chata: Cream liqueur poured over an ice sphere, garnished with a cinnamon, star anise and an orange peel, priced at $9
California Pizza Kitchen, in partnership with the Gluten Intolerance Group, has launched a line of five gluten-free pizzas: Cheese, The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, Pepperoni, Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage and Margherita. GIG will conduct regular site inspections and audits to ensure that all guidelines for gluten-free foods are being met, the Los Angeles-based chain said.
Any of CPK’s pizzas can be made on a gluten-free crust for an additional $2, but due to kitchen space, only those five pizzas can be prepared using GIG procedures.
Rubio’s is reprising Langostino Lobster Tacos and Burritos at its 196 restaurants for a limited time through Jan. 7, 2014. This year, the chain is adding new citrus rice — white rice mixed with lime juice and lemon grass — and basil butter to the items.
The burrito features the lobster drizzled with warm basil butter, wrapped in a warm flour tortilla with citrus rice, guacamole, black beans, chipotle white sauce, salsa fresca and lettuce, priced at $9.29.
The taco features the lobster topped with sliced avocado, cilantro-onion mix, chipotle white sauce and cabbage. The Two Taco Plate is served with pinto beans and chips, priced at $9.29.
Rubio’s also is offering a new Surf & Turf Taco Plate featuring a Langostino Lobster Taco and a Grilled Gourmet Steak Taco, served with beans and chips, priced at $8.99.
Schlotzky’s has added two new salads as permanent menu additions at its 343 locations. Both are available for a suggested price of $7.99, and both come with sourdough bread sticks.
• Italian Chopped Salad: Chopped romaine lettuce, shredded ham, pepperoni, cotto and Genoa salamis, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, olive tapenade and diced tomatoes tossed with Italian dressing
• Southwest Chicken Salad: Mixed field greens, grilled chicken breast, Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes and tortilla strips.