Pizza Hut has introduced Firebaked-Style Flatbreads nationwide. The flatbreads are available with cheese and three additional toppings. A box of six is priced at $11.99.
Pizza Hut Canada has introduced five new items at its approximately 320 locations that reflect Canada’s cultural heritage.
•Cheesy Beef Poutine: A play on the Quebecois dish of French fries topped with cheese curds and gravy, the pizza is made with shaved seasoned steak, fries, cheese curds and mozzarella on a pan crust.
•Creamy Butter Chicken: The Indian-inspired pizza is made with grilled chicken strips, butter chicken sauce, roasted red peppers, red onion and mozzarella on a choice of crust.
• Asian BBQ: Topped with Asian BBQ sauce, shaved steak, red onions, mozzarella, green onions and sesame seeds
•Grilled Chicken Club: Made with Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken strips, bacon, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, mozzarella and pepper mayo drizzle.
• Smokey Maple Bacon: Alfredo sauce, maple bacon strips, bacon crumble, sliced mushrooms, shredded Cheddar and mozzarella.
Medium pizzas start at $15 Canadian, about $14.70 U.S.
Auntie Anne’s has introduced Mini Pretzel Dogs as a permanent menu addition, made with pretzel dough wrapped around all-beef Nathan’s Famous hot dogs. They are available with dipping sauces such as cheese, marinara and sweet mustard. Eight Mini Pretzel Dogs are priced at an average $3.89.
Cinnabon has introduced a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Chillatta beverage for the summer. It also is bringing back its seasonal Orange Mango Frozen Lemonade.
The Chillatta combines pieces of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup candy with sweet cream and chocolate sauce ribbons, topped with whipped cream. The frozen lemonade combines flavors of lemon, orange and mango blended with ice and topped with raspberry sauce.
Both limited-time offers are available through Sept. 7; prices vary by location.
Einstein Bros. has launched a Garden Fresh line and a Peanut Butter & Jelly Gourmet Bagel, available through Aug. 27 at all locations.
The Peanut Butter & Jelly Gourmet Bagel is the chain’s original potato bagel topped with peanut butter streusel and strawberry jelly, priced at $1.80.
Garden Fresh menu items include:
• Tuscan Bagel: A potato bagel covered with a new rosemary herb topping, priced at $1.20.
• Tuscan Tasty Turkey: Einston Bros.’ Tasty Turkey sandwich served on a Tuscan Bagel, priced at $7.55 with one side.
• Denver Omelet Sandwich: Eggs, ham, melted Cheddar, sautéed peppers and onions on a bagel, priced at $4.85.
Pinkberry, El Pollo Loco and more
Pinkberry has introduced smoothies blended with its Pinkberry greek yogurt. The five variations include Strawberry Banana, Mixed Berry, Pineapple Coconut, Cucumber Mint and Peanut Butter. In Southern California, the chain is offering a Kale Strawberry smoothie. All smoothies are made with fruit, milk, ice and agave nectar. A 16-ounce smoothie is priced at a suggested $4.95.
El Pollo Loco is offering pork carnitas for an unspecified limited time as an option in a taco trio, burrito and quesadilla.
• Pork Carnitas Taco Trio: Onion, tomatillo verde salsa, cotija cheese and cilantro wrapped in warm corn tortillas and served with a lime wedge
• Pork Carnitas Burrito: A flour tortilla stuffed with Jack cheese, rice, pinto beans, chipotle cream, cabbage, pico de gallo and sliced avocado
• Pork Carnitas Stuffed Quesadilla: Jack cheese, tomatillo verde salsa, onion, cilantro and avocado in a grilled flour tortilla.
Tropical Smoothie Café has introduced vegetarian Beyond Meat Chicken-Free Strips, a blend of soy and pea proteins intended to mirror the taste of chicken. They are available to replace chicken in any salad, flatbread or wrap for no additional charge.
Charleys Philly Steaks and Charleys Grilled Subs is rolling out a Spicy Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich for a limited time through July 14 at all domestic locations. The sandwich includes all-white-meat chicken, ham, Swiss cheese and a signature Roasted Pineapple & Habanero sauce.
The sandwich was inspired by Michael Woodburn of West Point, Utah, the winner of the company’s 2012 GrillMaster competition, which was open to all employees worldwide.
La Madeleine has launched summer items available through Sept. 3.
• Chopped Salmon Niçoise Salade: Lettuce, salmon, diced eggs, feta, potato, green beans, tomato and Kalamata olives tossed in Caesar dressing, served with a sea salt breadstick and priced at $10.49-$10.99 depending on location
• Grape & Pecan Chicken Salade Croissant: The chain’s Chicken Salad Croissant with grapes and pecans added, priced at $7.49-$7.89
• Strawberry Cream Puff: A cream puff filled with diced strawberries, strawberry pastry cream and strawberry whipped cream, topped with whipped cream, a strawberry and doughnut sugar, priced at $2.79
La Madeleine is also adding Pomegranate Berry Iced Tea, which combines pomegranate and elderberry, to its existing tea line. The drink is priced at $2.19.
Pizza Ranch has introduced two Polynesian-themed items to its menu through Oct. 6.
• Meaty Tahiti Pizza: Ham, red onion, pineapple, red pepper, green onion, Cattleman’s Classic BBQ sauce and a mozzarella cheese blend. A small pie is priced at $6; medium, $10; and large, $12.
• Aloha Salad: Romaine lettuce, bacon, red onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and Oriental sesame dressing, priced at $5.99.
Bruster’s Real Ice Cream is offering Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk, Black Raspberry and Peach ice creams through the end of July. The new flavors are part of the chain’s revitalization strategy to include more limited-time offers. The ice cream is available in waffle cones and priced at $3.99.
Popbar, a three-unit New York City-based chain, has introduced an avocado ice pop as a permanent addition. The Avocado PopSorbetto is made with avocado, water and other proprietary ingredients and served frozen on a stick. It was introduced after focus groups expressed pleasure at the item’s “interesting, delicious” flavor, a spokeswoman said. The pop is priced at $3.99.