has debuted a Smothered Burrito at its 5,695 domestic locations. The new item is available stuffed with beef for $2.99, or steak or chicken for $3.99. The burrito is a warm flour tortilla filled with premium Latin rice and creamy sauce, smothered in red sauce, a melted three-cheese blend and reduced-fat sour cream. The item is also being offered as a combo with a Crunchy Taco and a large drink for $4.99 for beef and $5.99 for chicken or steak.
has introduced Chicken Waffle Tenders at its 1,679 locations for four weeks starting July 29. A meal of three tenders, a side and a biscuit is priced at $4.99. The new item, an extension of the Atlanta-based chain’s Hand-Crafted Tenders, which rolled out last September, are made with a lighter, crispier, waffle-style batter with a vanilla-maple scent. They are accompanied by a honey maple sauce.
• Berries and Cream Belgian Waffle: Topped with vanilla cream, whole blueberries, sliced glazed strawberries and powdered sugar
• Cherries and Cream Belgian Waffle: Topped with vanilla cream, black cherries, dark chocolate sauce and powdered sugar
• Bananas and Cream Belgian Waffle: Topped with vanilla cream, sliced banana, honey-roasted pecans and powdered sugar
Carl’s Jr. has added a co-branded Pop-Tarts Ice Cream Sandwich to its 1,391 locations. The dessert is vanilla ice cream scooped between a halved strawberry Pop-Tart. The item is priced at a recommended $1.49 and available for an unspecified limited time.
will introduce a Mocha Cookies & Cream milkshake on Aug. 5 for a limited time. The shake is made with the 1,669-unit chain’s signature Icedream ice cream, Oreo cookie crumbles, coffee and Hershey’s chocolate syrup, topped with light whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. The item is priced at $2.65 for a 14-ounce cup and $3.09 for 20 ounces. The Atlanta-based chain said the shake would be available through mid-October or while supplies last.
is using coffee cherries, the fruit that grows around coffee beans, in two new menu items. The Kona Berry Blast Smoothie is made with a beverage derived from dried coffee fruit and other juices, pineapple juice, soy milk, raspberry sherbet, strawberries, blueberries and the 820-unit chain’s Charger Boost. The Kona Berry Blast Bowl is made with the same coffee-fruit-based beverage, soy milk, bananas, strawberries and blueberries topped with organic granola and banana slices. Prices vary by location.
The menu items are available for a limited time, while supplies last, potentially until Sept. 30. Prices vary by location.
More new menu items
(Continued from page 1)
Dave & Buster’s has introduced three new cocktails at its 64 locations. The prices of the cocktails vary by location, but all of them are under $10, according to a company spokeswoman.
• Strawberry Watermelon Summerita: Margaritaville Tequila Gold, DuKuyper Watermelon Pucker, Finest Call Watermelon purée and Minute Maid lemonade, shaken and poured over strawberry ice cubes
• Strawberry Sangria: Cruzan Strawberry Rum, Canyon Road White Zinfandel and Strawberry Bacardi Premium Mixer poured over strawberry ice cubes and topped with club soda
• Miami Ice Snow Cone: Skyy Infusions Coconut Vodka and Malibu Coconut Rum mixed with Minute Maid lemonade and Strawberry Bacardi Premium Mixer poured over compact crushed ice
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is introducing six limited-time appetizers for August at its 34 locations:
• Housemade Hummus & Feta: Hummus with tomato-cucumber salsa served with crispy flatbread and a slice of feta cheese drizzled with paprika-infused olive oil, $4.50
• Goat Cheese Bruschetta: Crispy flatbread topped with goat cheese spread, toasted walnuts, arugula, goat cheese crumbles, honey and olive oil, $5
• Filet Mignon Sliders: Filet mignon served on two toasted buns with peppercorn mayonnaise and havarti cheese, accompanied by baby arugula and crispy fried onions, $7
• Shrimp Peach Salsa: Shrimp tossed in peach and tomato salsa and served with tortilla strips, $4.50
• Marinated Olives & Walnut Goat Cheese: Spanish and Kalamata olives marinated in spicy tomato pesto, served with crispy flatbread and a slice of walnut-crusted goat cheese drizzled with honey, $6
• Mediterranean Nachos: Flatbread chips topped with artichoke spread, tomato, cucumber, Kalamata and green olives, roasted red peppers, pepperoncini, feta crumbles and a drizzle of olive oil, $5.50
has added five seafood items to its 372 domestic locations as part of its Back to the Beach campaign, intended to honor the chain’s heritage as a beach joint that opened in Clearwater, Fla., 30 years ago.
• Blackened Mahi Sandwich: Center-cut seared and blackened mahi filet served with coleslaw, sliced tomatoes and spicy rémoulade on a brioche bun
• Cajun Shrimp: Steamed shrimp with Creole flavor, served with garlic-rubbed Texas toast
• Drunken Shrimp and Drunken Mussels: Steamed and served with butter, garlic, lemon and Texas toast
• Snow Crab legs: Steamed and served by the pound
Prices vary by location, but the shrimp dishes are around $10.99; the mussels and mahi, $9.99; and the crab, $14.99 per pound. The items are available through the end of August, although dishes that perform well may be added to the permanent menu, the company said.
The New Miami Subs Grill, a 32-unit chain based in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., has introduced a new hamburger named after Miami sportscaster Marc Hochman. The Hochman Burger is made with two Angus beef patties topped with chipotle barbecue sauce, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and Funyuns, which the chain says are Hochman’s “favorite crispy onion-flavored corn snack.” The sandwich, priced at $5.29, is available for an unspecified limited time.
Contact Bret Thorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow him on Twitter: @foodwriterdiary