Nation’s Restaurant News is crowd-sourcing ideas this week about what the restaurant industry will look like in the year 2020.
The conversation — held on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn — will invite your projections about what the future holds in the following areas:
Menu: What trends will shape the restaurant menu of the future?
Technology: What new or improved tech tools will you be using 7 years from now?
Consumers: Who will be the most influential consumer of 2020? Why?
Marketing: What’s the biggest change you expect in your restaurant’s marketing strategy in the next 7 years?
Watch for daily prompts and questions from the NRN team inviting you to join the discussion, or feel free to weigh in on these topics at any time on the following platforms:
Twitter: Use the #NRN2020 hashtag to follow the stream and tag your own comments. Follow Nation’s Restaurant News with @NRNOnline or connect with our editors directly.
• Sarah Lockyer, editor in chief: @slockyerNRN
• Robin Allen, executive editor: @robinleeallen
• Paul Frumkin, managing editor: @NRNPaul
• Alan J. Liddle, managing editor, special projects: @AJ_NRN
• Bret Thorn, senior food editor: @foodwriterdiary
• Mark Brandau, senior editor: @mark_from_NRN
• Lisa Jennings, West Coast bureau chief: @livetodineout
• Ron Ruggless, Southwest bureau chief: @ronruggless
Facebook: Visit us on Facebook and leave comments to any of the questions above on our wall.
LinkedIn: Join the Restaurant and Foodservice Network to connect with members of Nation’s Restaurant News, Restaurant Hospitality and Food Management, as well as a network of industry leaders.
NRN.com: Leave your thoughts in the comments field below.
Comments will be accepted through Aug. 30, and the most compelling responses will be featured in an upcoming report published on Sept. 23 to coincide with the NRN’s annual MUFSO Super Show.