What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Olive Garden, Au Bon Pain
- Gordon Biersch, Veggie Grill, more
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, Veggie Grill, Baskin-Robbins and Dairy Queen also introduce new menu items.
Gordon Biersch, Veggie Grill, more
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant has introduced new winter burgers and steaks for a limited time through Jan. 5 at 31 of its 33 restaurants, excluding its two Texas locations.
• Boursin Portobello Burger: A 10-ounce grilled burger with sautéed baby portobello mushrooms and Boursin cheese, priced at $11.50
• Roasted Garlic Bone-in Ribeye: An 18-ounced USDA Choice steak rubbed with roasted garlic, kosher salt and black pepper, brushed with garlic oil and served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus, priced at $22.95
• Bleu Cheese Portobello Strip: A 14-ounce grilled USDA Choice steak topped with portobello mushrooms and blue cheese sauce, served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus, priced at $22.95.
Gordon Biersch also has introduced a new WinterBock beer for the month, a dark, full-bodied lager with caramel and toffee notes. Prices vary by location.
Veggie Grill, a 22-unit vegetarian chain based in Santa Monica, Calif., has introduced several new items, available through the winter.
• Bombay Bowl: Herb-roasted vegetables; “super grains” including millet and buckwheat; steamed kale; cannellini beans; and cilantro green curry sauce with coconut milk, almonds and hemp seeds, priced at $7.95
• Harvest Bowl: “Field Roast sausage” made from grains, herb-roasted vegetables, “super grains,” porcini mushrooms, miso gravy and hemp seeds, priced at $8.95
• Quinoa Power Salad: Quinoa and kale with avocado, fennel, cannellini beans, romaine lettuce, carrots, almonds, currants, mint, citrus dressing and hemp seeds, priced at $7.95
• Herb-Roasted Veggies: A seasonal selection of root vegetables, squash, mushrooms and red onions roasted with herbs, priced at $3.95
• Mondo Nachos: Corn chips, a vegetarian “taco blend,” mashed avocado, vegan “cheese,” jalapeños and soy cream, priced at $6.95.
The chain also has introduced a new “Pick-a-Pair” ordering option that allows guests to order a side dish and a half-sized salad for $6.95.
Baskin-Robbins’ December flavor of the month is Peppermint Bark in the Dark, a new flavor made with chocolate ice cream, peppermint bark, peppermint candy and a white-chocolate flavored ribbon.
The 7,100-unit chain also is featuring two festive cakes for the month. The Snowman Cake, shaped like a whimsical smiling snowman, serves six to eight people, for a suggested retail price of $26.99. The Candy Lane Cottage Cake is shaped like a house and decorated with M&M and miniature candy canes. The cake is priced at $29.99.
Dairy Queen is bringing back its “Candy Cane Chill treat family,” available at participating locations in its 6,400-unit system through Jan. 1.
Candy Cane Chill Blizzard treats are priced from $2.59 for a mini to $4.29 for a large. Candy Cane Chill Royal Shakes are priced from $3.09 to $3.89.
The Blizzards combine crushed peppermint candy-cane pieces with chocolate chunks, mixed with DQ vanilla soft serve and served in a waffle cone or cup. The Royal Shake is garnished with whipped topping and sprinkled with candy cane pieces.