What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Arby's, Smashburger
- Mama Fu's, Texas Steakhouse
Fazoli’s, Einstein, Baskin-Robbins, Corner Bakery, Mama Fu’s and Texas Steakhouse also introduce new items
St. Patrick’s Day is typically a time for green-colored food and drink specials, and this year is no exception.
Each year, McDonald’s serves its Shamrock Shake. This year, Arby’s is introducing its Mint Chocolate Swirl Shake, a mint shake with chocolate syrup, topped with whipped cream and chocolate mint candies.
Smashburger also has introduced a Mint Oreo Shake as a seasonal limited-time offer. The blend of ice cream, mint flavor and cookies is being introduced for St. Patrick’s Day, but it will be available through June.
Cinnabon has introduced a similar drink to its iced, blended Chillatta line for the season. The Oreo Mint Chillatta is made of ice cream base, Oreo cookies, mint flavoring and chocolate syrup, topped with whipped cream and cookie crumbles. The beverage is available through May 18.
Einstein Bros. Bagels is offering green bagels from March 15-17, as well as Shamrock Sugar Cookies topped with green icing.
Several chains are adding menu items unrelated to St. Patrick’s Day.
Quick-service Italian chain Fazoli’s is testing three Italian Melts, each priced at $5.99, in select markets.
• Asiago: Flatbread with Alfredo sauce; chicken tenders; and mozzarella, provolone, Asiago and fontina cheeses. It’s served with a pesto ranch dipping sauce, lettuce and diced tomatoes.
• Crispy Chicken Parma: Flatbread with marinara sauce; crispy chicken; and mozzarella and provolone cheeses, served with lettuce and diced tomatoes.
• Sicilian Sausage: Flatbread with marinara sauce; mozzarella and provolone cheeses; bacon; Italian sausage; and mushrooms. It is served with Buffalo ranch sauce, lettuce and diced tomatoes.
The chain plans to debut the flatbreads at all 127 company restaurants and participants among its 92 franchised locations in late April. It could potentially be added permanently systemwide in July, a company spokeswoman said.
Baskin-Robbins has developed a new flavor in honor of the NCAA college basketball championships in March. Reese’s Buzzer Beater ice cream features peanut butter-flavored ice cream and chocolate-flavored ice cream with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups mixed in. It is the flavor of the month at participating restaurants among the chain’s more than 2,400 U.S. locations, and is available for a suggested retail price of $2.29 for a 2.5-ounce scoop and $2.49 for a four-ounce scoop.
Corner Bakery Café has added a new sandwich to its panini line, as well as a new soup.
• Monterey Panini: Smoked turkey, spinach, provolone cheese and artichoke Asiago spread on sourdough bread.
• Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup: Chicken, red and yellow peppers, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes and orzo pasta simmered in a creamy broth with lemon.
The two items are available as a combo for $7.99, and are permanent additions to the 147-unit chain’s menu.
The panini is available for between $7.59-$7.89, depending on the location. The soup is $3.89-$3.99 for a cup and $4.89-$4.99 for a bowl.