What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from McDonaldâ€™s, Burger King
- Caribou, First Watch, Cheddars and Qdoba
New menu items include burgers, salads, sandwiches and seafood dishes.
Caribou, First Watch, Cheddars and Qdoba
Caribou Coffee has introduced four Lite Sparkling Teas and Juices, which contain half the calories of six varieties it introduced last summer.
The new flavors are Green Tea Lemonade, Peach Black Tea, Lemon Ginger Pomegranate and Apple Raspberry. The first three are permanent additions, while the Apple Raspberry is a limited-time offer. Minneapolis-based Caribou Coffee Company Inc. did not say when the offer would end.
The drinks are priced at $2.79 to $3.18 for a small, $3.19 to $3.62 for a medium, and $3.49 to $3.95 for a large, depending on the location.
First Watch has introduced two seasonal items available through June 30 at all of its 106 locations.
• Smoked Salmon & Spring Chive Scramble: Scrambled, eggs, smoked salmon and chive cream cheese topped with herbs and served with dressed greens and a ciabatta crisp. The sandwich is priced at $8.59.
• Toasted Turkey Artichoke Sandwich: Sliced turkey and provolone, creamy artichoke spread, baby spinach and lemon vinaigrette, served on toasted sourdough with dressed greens. The sandwich is priced at $7.89.
First Watch has kept its Quinoa Power Bowl on the menu due to popular demand. The chain introduced the item on its winter menu. It includes quinoa, kale, shredded carrots, roasted tomatoes, grilled lemon chicken, basil pesto sauce, feta crumbles and herbs, and is priced at $8.29.
Cheddar’s Casual Café has added a Lighter Side section to its menu, as well as two new hamburgers, two salads, three sides and two desserts. The Lighter Side items each have fewer than 575 calories and include:
• Grilled Baja Chicken: Seasoned chicken breast on black beans and rice, topped with pico de gallo, for $7.99
• Lemon Pepper Whitefish: Grilled whitefish with lemon pepper, served over ginger rice and alongside a salad tossed in tomato herb vinaigrette, for $6.99
• Sweet Heat Chicken & Shrimp: Chicken breast and grilled shrimp glazed with sweet chile sauce, served over ginger rice and alongside a salad tossed in tomato herb vinaigrette, for $8.49
• Garlic Parmesan Steak Sirloin: Garlic-Parmesan-crusted six-ounce steak, served over caramelized onions alongside an iceberg wedge salad with light ranch dressing, for $9.49
• Citrus Miso Glazed Salmon: Served on ginger rice with a side of steamed broccoli, for $7.99
Two new burgers include a Mushroom Swiss Burger, priced at $5.29, and a Jalapeño Burger, priced at $5.49. The Jalapeño Burger features fried hot peppers, pepper Jack cheese, chipotle mayonnaise, onion and tomato.
Also new to the menu is Asian Salad with chicken, carrots, herbs, mango, wonton, crisps, peanut sauce and sweet chile glaze, for $7.99; BBQ Chicken Salad with greens, roasted corn, grape tomatoes, two types of cheese, bacon, onion straws and BBQ Ranch dressing, for $7.99; side dishes of edamame, black beans and an apple-yogurt medley, for $1.99; a 99-cent mini strawberry cheesecake; and a Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and almonds, for $3.99.
Qdoba has brought back its mango salad as a limited-time offer. The 600-unit Wheat Ridge, Colo.-based chain has offered the item every year starting in May since 2007. It is available while supplies last.
The salad includes a salsa of mango, cucumber and red bell peppers over a bed of romaine lettuce, drizzled with cilantro-lime vinaigrette. It is available as a vegetarian option or with adobo-marinated grilled chicken. Prices vary by location, but the approximate price with chicken is $7.09.