What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Panda Express, McDonald's
- Charley's, Joe's Crab Shack and more
McAlister's Deli, Taco Bell, California Tortilla, Charley’s Grilled Subs, Charleys Philly Steaks, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels, Manhattan Bagel, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar, Joe’s Crab Shack also introduce new menu items
McDonald’s has introduced a new McCafé White Chocolate Mocha drink systemwide, available through January 2014. The beverage is made with Rainforest Alliance Certified espresso, white chocolate flavor and steamed milk, topped with whipped cream. The suggested price is $2.39 for 12 ounces, $2.89 for 16 ounces and $3.39 for 20 ounces.
Taco Bell has teamed up with Cinnabon to introduce Cinnabon Delights at its 6,500 restaurants nationwide. The bite-sized pastries are filled with Cinnabon frosting and cinnamon sugar, and are served warm all day. Four pieces are priced at around $1.49.
Panda Express has added Sriracha Shrimp, made with trendy Sriracha sauce, as a limited-time offer on its fall menu. The dish features large, crispy shrimp, string beans and red bell peppers tossed in Sriracha sauce. The premium item is available for a $1 upcharge to the menu’s standard price at its more than 1,600 locations.
McAlister’s Deli has rolled out a new line of large Big Bold Sandwiches at its 320 locations.
• The Memphian: Black Angus roast beef, Black Forest ham, smoked turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, light mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard, served on a toasted wheat hoagie, priced at $7.49
• The New Yorker: Ten ounces of corned beef and pastrami, Swiss cheese and spicy brown mustard on rye bread, priced at $8.99
• The Italian: Black Forest ham, salami, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, bell peppers, black olives, Italian vinaigrette, salt, pepper and spicy brown mustard on a toasted baguette, priced at $7.49
• The King Club: Made with double the meat of the McAlister’s Club, the sandwich has half a pound of smoked turkey and Black Forest ham, as well as applewood smoked bacon, sharp Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, honey mustard and light mayonnaise on ciabatta bread, priced at $8.99
• The Big Nasty: Half a pound of Black Angus roast beef served open-faced on a toasted baguette with gravy and Cheddar Jack cheese, priced at $8.99.
California Tortilla is adding a frozen-yogurt line called Yo-Tort to the permanent menu at its restaurant in Lorton, Va. The yogurt is made with hormone-free Grade A milk and yogurt.
Flavors include dulce de leche, cookies and cream, Georgia peach, and cappuccino, which will be rotated frequently with standard flavors such as nonfat tart, milk chocolate and vanilla, as well as mango sorbet. Toppings such as cereal, candy and fruit also are available.
California Tortilla president Bob Phillips, who was a franchisee of the Everything Yogurt chain in the 1980s, said he thought the addition “could be a great added profit center for our franchisees.”
The yogurt is offered in the self-serve format popular at many frozen yogurt chains for 44 cents per ounce.