What is in this article?:
- Menu Tracker: New items from Olive Garden, Au Bon Pain
- Gordon Biersch, Veggie Grill, more
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, Veggie Grill, Baskin-Robbins and Dairy Queen also introduce new menu items.
Olive Garden has added a hamburger to its lunch menu for the first time.
The Italiano Burger is a six-ounce beef patty topped with crisp prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, arugula, tomatoes marinated in basil, garlic and Italian spices. The burger is served with a garlic aïoli spread and priced at $9.99.
The 832-unit casual-dining chain has also added two new items to the “Lighter Italian Fare” section of its menu, which features entrées with fewer than 575 calories each. A new baked tilapia and shrimp in white wine sauce with garlic broccoli is priced at around $15.99, depending on the location. A grilled chicken breast topped with rosemary and caramelized garlic cloves served with garlic parmesan-mashed potatoes and spinach is priced at around $13.99.
Au Bon Pain has introduced a new roll made with sprouted grain, which has 10 grams of protein and seven grams of fiber. Officials said the roll was created to satisfy customers looking for unconventional and healthy bread choices for their sandwiches.
The 310-unit fast-casual chain has also introduced eight new menu items, available through Jan. 12, 2014.
• Chicken Mushroom and Swiss Sandwich: All-natural chicken, spinach, Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms and tomato spread on a sprouted grain roll, priced between $6.99 and $8.09, depending on location
• Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake: A miniature bundt cake with cinnamon, topped with walnuts, priced at $2.79
• Egg White and Mushroom Frittata Breakfast Sandwich: Egg whites, sautéed mushrooms, spinach and Cheddar on a sprouted grain roll, priced between $4.29 and $5.09
• Gingerbread cookie: Priced between $1.69 and $1.89
• Greek Vanilla Yogurt and Triple Berry Parfait: Priced between $3.39 and $3.79
• Peppermint Chocolate Shortbread: Shortbread dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint topping, priced between $1.69 and $1.89
• Pumpernickel Bagel: Priced between $1.19 and $1.39, or $4.99 for half a dozen
• Thai Coconut Shrimp: A gluten-free blend of shrimp, red peppers, carrots, bamboo shoots and lemon grass in a coconut and curry broth, priced between $3.25 and $3.89 for a small, $4 and $4.49 for a medium, and $5 and $5.49 for a large.