Sister report to the Top 100, the annual Second 100 report ranks restaurant brands Nos. 101-200 in terms of U.S. systemwide sales. Offering the same metrics as Top 100, but for this smaller, more growth-oriented universe, the Second 100 is often described as a watch-list of emerging and growth brands.
This year, the Second 100 U.S. restaurant chain market totals $23.4 billion in sales, a 2.7-percent increase from a year earlier. While Second 100 chains maintained their sales-growth momentum in the face of the Top 100’s might, they didn’t maintain their share of sales. The second-tier’s piece of the combined Top 200 sales pie dipped to 9.5 percent in the Latest Year, compared with 9.6 percent in the Preceding Year and 9.8 percent in the Prior Year.
Use the drop-down menu below to learn more about the report, find chain rankings and dig into segment and trend analysis. (For best results on a mobile device, go to the Second 100 full listing.)
• Introduction: Maintaining sales growth momentum
• Infographic: 2014 Second 100 at a glance
• Top 10 growth chains
• Five facts about restaurant chain sales growth
• Five facts about restaurant unit growth
• Market share analysis
• Unit-level trends
• Second 100 company analysis
The NRN Second 100 universe is ranked by the following categories. Data tables are available only to NRN All Access subscribers. Subscribe here.
• Chains: U.S. Systemwide Sales
• Chains: Growth in Systemwide Sales
• Chains: U.S. Units
• Chains: Growth in U.S. Units
• Chains: Growth in U.S. Franchised Units
• Chains: Estimated Sales Per Unit
• Chains: Market Share Segment Analysis
• Companies: U.S. Foodservice Revenue
• Companies: Growth in U.S. Foodservice Revenue